Avdec_h264 "output-corrupt" Not Working as Expected
I'm having an issue with rtsp emitting corrupted frames when the udp traffic is spotty. What I'd like to do is have the player detect if the udp connection is spotty and then switch to tcp if the number of corrupt frames goes beyond some threshold.
Initially, I figured that I could just pad a probe to the decoder element and see if the corrupted flag is set. If it is, I would drop the corrupted frame and then increase the total number of dropped frames encountered.
Unfortunately, the corrupted flag isn't being set, even when the video is visibly incorrect. I tried setting the output-corrupt to false in avdec_h264, but the video output remains approximately the same.
I'm testing this on Windows 10 with Gstreamer 1.10.4. I'm simulating udp network noise with Clumsy, set to drop 10% of incoming UDP packets.