A question related to UI and dynamic pipeline

A question related to UI and dynamic pipeline

Zheng, Huan

Hi, Dear developers

I’m writing a camera application using v4l2src as source plug-in, and I want to render the captured frame into clutter video sink.

At first, a view finding pipeline could be constructed and run successfully as expected, captured frames are displayed in the UI.

But issue occurs when I try to dynamically manipulate pipeline.

Say: click a button to set pipeline state to NULL, and then click button to set pipeline state to PLAYING, if I repeat for several times, my UI just hangs.

Has anyone encountered similar issue before, I think the category of this question is: UI hangs when dynamically manipulate pipeline.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best Regards, Zheng, Huan(ZBT)

OTC/SSD/SSG

Intel Asia-Pacific Research & Developement Ltd

Tel: 021-6116 6435

Inet: 8821 6435

Cub: 3W035

Re: A question related to UI and dynamic pipeline

Stefan Sauer
hi,

Zheng, Huan schrieb:

> Hi, Dear developers
>
> I’m writing a camera application using v4l2src as source plug-in, and
> I want to render the captured frame into clutter video sink.
>
> At first, a view finding pipeline could be constructed and run
> successfully as expected, captured frames are displayed in the UI.
>
> But issue occurs when I try to dynamically manipulate pipeline.
>
> Say: click a button to set pipeline state to NULL, and then click
> button to set pipeline state to PLAYING, if I repeat for several
> times, my UI just hangs.

Maybe you can consider using camerabin in gst-plugin-bad. Its far from
perfect yet, but you could avoid reinventing a couple of wheels and help
to make it better :)

Stefan